Social Market for a Mirrix

Well, after several false starts, the pieces seem to be holding together. But, it’s not quite what I had originally envisioned.

I started by weaving a ½ border at the bottom with #5 pearl cotton embroidery thread in order to give it some stability. The piece is 10 inches wide and right now is feeling a little too “bunchy”. I’m not sure I’m all that wild about the Ozark Handspun yarn either. So, here’s where I’m at right now…

The first picture below shows the Ozark Handspun yarn. As you can see, it’s a very rough, unfinished fiber. The second and third pictures show the additional fibers I had planned to pull from.



Before I invest any more time going in a direction I don’t think I’m going to be happy with, I may pull out what I’ve done, start with selections from the random yarns, then fill in smaller sections with the Ozark Handspun because I really do like those “feathery” sections.

I’m still going for a fiber collage and I did say this was going to be experimental so please bear with me while I sort things out. I think once I get going in the right direction, the piece will come together fairly quickly.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s